We understand that many people have questions in relation to importing and exporting products around the world. Outpost SVC is here to help.
In addition to our comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions section, below you will find specific information on the two most common questions our customers generally ask. Firstly, how long will it take for my parcel to arrive? Secondly, are there any shipping restrictions?
There are two main types of shipping restrictions: country specific regulations and transportation compliance.
Please note that it is important to understand Outpost SVC is unable to ship items that are prohibited or require special handling due to exporting country, importing country or international regulations. In addition, it is prohibited to send or receive items that are ultimately destined to any country, person or entity subject to US or international embargoes.
Should you order prohibited goods, we will make every effort to advise you that we have received them at our local Outpost SVC facility and that we will not be able to forward the goods. It is then your responsibility to arrange their return or to give us instructions to how to dispose of them.
All countries prohibit or restrict various types of products that can be imported into their country. While each country has variations on these products, the below list highlights the most common items that are generally restricted, prohibited or may require additional documentation and/or import licenses.
If you would like to confirm if any restrictions apply to a specific product, please contact our Customer Service team who will be happy to help.
Generally Restricted and Prohibited Items
- Cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco or other tobacco products
Money, Coins & Stamps
- General Currency
- Collectable Stamps & Coins
- Bearer Bonds
- Bank Drafts
- Infectious substances
- Irradiating apparatus and radioactive materials
Gambling or Gaming items:
- Gambling apparatus
- Lottery tickets and other similar prize tickets issued in foreign countries
Firearms and explosive/dangerous devices:
- Offensive weapons, knives and swords
- Firearms (or parts thereof) and associated equipment
- Imitation arms including toy guns, toy pistols, hand grenades
- Ammunition and associated products
- Munitions of war
- Firecrackers and fireworks
- Cigarette lighters of pistol or revolver shape
Drugs, Medicine & Vitamins:
- Controlled chemicals: including substances which are precursors or chemicals for manufacture of dangerous drugs or psychotropic substances
- Narcotic drugs
- Unlicensed drugs
Flammable & Combustible items:
- Items with a flashpoint and or dangerous goods
- Nail polish / nail polish remover
- Spray / aerosol cans / compressed gas cylinders
- Fuels / gasoline / gas torches
- Engine oil / essential oil
- Lighters with fuel / lighter fluid
- Turpentine / paint thinner
- Printer toner cartridges
Agricultural & Animal products:
- Animal Fur / Skins
Food & Drink:
- Perishable foods
** Perfumes / colognes / eau de toilette / fragrance spray ** will be permitted in accepted quantities.
Export Restricted and Licensed Items
Any products intended for use or which could be used in chemical or biological weapons, missile technology, or nuclear proliferation
Any items specially designed, modified, adapted or configured for military use and any “dual use” items (those with both commercial and military/police uses) including but not limited to:
- Projection telescopes specially designed for use with Super High Power Laser (“SHPL”) systems
- Handcuffs, leg cuffs, ankle cuffs, police-type batons
- Polygraph (lie-detector) equipment
- Surveillance and eavesdropping equipment (including hidden cameras)
- Lasers, radar, sonar systems
- Telecommunications equipment designed to operate underwater, or at extremely high or low temperatures, or to withstand radiation
- Spraying or fogging systems
- Aircraft and aircraft parts
Software used for active flight control purposes, or designed or modified to use “cryptography” employing digital techniques performing any cryptographic function other than authentication or digital signature; military encryption software; software employing a key length greater than 64 bits for the symmetric algorithm
The most common types of transportation restrictions are those placed upon dangerous goods.
Outpost SVC has the capability to handle certain dangerous goods, however, we do require that you gain our approval before having a classified dangerous goods commodity delivered into one of our Outpost SVC facilities.
General Lithium Battery Information
Outpost SVC is solely capable of shipping lithium batteries if they comply with the following packaging requirements:
- Packages containing lithium batteries, or lithium batteries contained in, or packed with, equipment that are properly packaged
- Packing each battery or each battery-powered device when practicable, in fully enclosed inner packaging made of non-conductive material (such as a plastic bag)
- Separating or packing batteries in a manner to prevent contact with other batteries, devices or conductive materials (e.g., metal) in the packaging
- Ensuring exposed terminals or connectors are protected with non-conductive caps, non-conductive tape, or by other appropriate means
- Batteries should be securely cushioned and packed to prevent shifting which could loosen terminal caps or reorient the terminals to produce short circuits
For more information on US export restrictions, please see www.access.gpo.gov/bis/ear/ear_data.html and https://www.bis.doc.gov/exportlicensingqanda.htm.
For information on products subject to UK and EU export restrictions, you can register to use the “Goods checker” web-based search tool published by the UK Department for Business Innovation and Skills, https://www.ecochecker.co.uk/goodsChecker. For complete listings of import prohibitions and restrictions, please check with the local Border Control authority in your country. Also, have a look at the World Customs Organisation web site to find your local customs office https://www.wcoomd.org/customwebsites
Outpost No Ship Countries
Outpost is proud to ship to over 200 countries around the world. There is certain countries however, to which we are unable to ship products and goods of any kind. Please see below for a complete list of countries where the No Ship policy applies: